Gov't administrative network down for 2nd day; recovery efforts under way
简介The government's online civil service portal temporarily resumed operations Saturday after expe ...
The government's online civil service portal temporarily resumed operations Saturday after experiencing a major outage, officials said, although disruptions to the government's administrative computer network persist.
The Saeol administrative network used by public workers went down on Friday morning, followed by a suspension of the online portal, Government 24.
The outage caused an unprecedented halt to all services of issuing government certificates and civil documents.
On Saturday, the interior ministry said it has temporarily restored the online service after conducting multiple examinations. The portal has become available as of 10 a.m.
The disruption has reportedly been caused by an error in the authentication process in accessing Saeol, although the exact cause remains unknown.
Some 100 network equipment company officials and public officials have been attempting to fix the issue at the National Information Resources Service in Daejeon, 139 kilometers south of Seoul, where the interior ministry's network servers are located.
The Saeol system has yet to return to normal operations, and the ministry plans to focus efforts on resolving the issue over the weekend.
Prime Minister Han Duck-soo convened a meeting of relevant agencies to discuss response measures, apologized over the service disruptions and vowed to make all-out efforts for the recovery, according to his office.
"I apologize over the inconvenience and confusion experienced by the public from the halt to civil services of public agencies," Han said. "We are making all-out recovery efforts with private sector experts, and we will do our best for a swift normalization."
President Yoon Suk Yeol ordered Friday the creation of a task force to handle the breakdown of the government's online civil service portal. Yoon was in San Francisco, where he was attending the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit.
Interior Minister Lee Sang-min, who cut short his work trip to the United States to deal with the network paralysis, will return home later Saturday to preside over a meeting to discuss response measures. (Yonhap)
By Chung Hwang-keunMinister of agriculture, food and rural affairs“Technology changes agriculture an ...
Geonwonneung, the royal tomb of King Taejo (1335-1408), the founder of the Joseon Kingdom, will be a ...
윤석열 대통령이 다음 달 10일 퇴임하는 유남석 헌법재판소장 후임으로 이종석(62·사법연수원 15기) 헌법재판관을 18일 지명했다. 김대기 비서실장은 이날 오후 브리핑에서 “이 후 ...
- KITA chief touts Ireland’s business
- 北고려항공, 베이징으로 주 3회 비행…정기 운항 복귀 한 듯
- Solo Korean trekker found dead in Himalayas
- Kia unveils ‘tiger
- Jungkook, Red Velvet, Stray Kids, new YG girl group among year
- Israeli military jets strike Gaza, says Hamas commander killed
- TVXQ to hold 20th
- 인재영입위원장에 이철규 내정…김웅 "윤심만 영입하겠단 것"
- Jungkook welcomes 'golden moment' of his life with 1st solo album
- Iraqi Kurdistan officials visit Korea to glean procurement expertise
- [Herald Review] Korean and Welsh dance companies share creativity in 'Wales Connection'
- Two dead in Gyeongju construction site collapse
- S. Korea pushes for using commercial satellites in military communication
- [KH explains] Hyundai to sell vehicles on Amazon in US sales push
- KIPO chief strengthens IP alliances with Middle Eastern counterparts
- [Hello Indonesia] Hyundai Motor vows to steer Indonesia's transition to EVs
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Korean studies in Turkey grows on foundation of strong relations
- '12.12: The Day’ attracts 1.8m moviegoers in five days since opening
- Korean banks at risk of W3tr in losses in HK
- Tax refund limit to be doubled for tourists
- 김용민 “尹, 총선 승리하면 계엄 선포할 것…저지선 확보해야”
- First lady explains S. Korea's dog meat ban plan to Queen Camilla
- TBS appeals to Seoul to hold off on slashing support
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- Posco to start search for new chief
- [Hello Hangeul] Welding book first in vocational Korean series for foreign labor
- Korea to start hiring E
- [Bills in Focus] Windfall tax on banks and urban infra refurbishment
- 군사력은 미국이 우위지만, 글로벌 공급망은 미·중 비등 [중앙포럼]