OpenAI CEO's ouster was over "breakdown of communications," not "malfeasance"
简介OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's firing was over a "breakdown in communication between Sam and the board ...
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's firing was over a "breakdown in communication between Sam and the board," and not "malfeasance or anything related to our financial, business, safety, or security/privacy practices," Chief Operating Officer Brad Lightcap wrote in an internal company memo Saturday morning, viewed by Reuters.
The board of OpenAI, the company behind hit product ChatGPT, on Friday pushed out its high-profile CEO Altman, sending shock waves across the tech industry. The company appointed former chief technology officer Mira Murati as interim CEO.
The firing came as a surprise to Altman, and also blindsided many employees who discovered the abrupt management change from the company's public facing blog, according to an X post from Greg Brockman, the former OpenAI president and co-founder.
Brockman quit shortly after Altman was fired. Another senior researcher, Szymon Sidor, confirmed to Reuters that he had quit as well.
"Team - after yesterday’s announcement, which took us all by surprise, we have had multiple conversations with the board to try to better understand the reasons and process behind their decision. These discussions, and options regarding our path forward, are ongoing this morning," Lightcap wrote in the memo.
"We can say definitively that the board’s decision was not made in response to malfeasance or anything related to our financial, business, safety, or security/privacy practices," he wrote. "This was a breakdown in communication between Sam and the board."
"We still share your concerns about how the process has been handled, are working to resolve the situation," he added in the note. "Our collective responsibility right now is to our teammates, partners, users, customers, and the broader world who shares our vision of broadly beneficial AGI." (Reuters-Yonhap)
Kim Yeon-soo, 27, was able to get her hands on a resale ticket for her favorite artist's concer ...
A memorial park commemorating Hong Beom-do, a revered Korean independence fighter against Japan' ...
Seoul Metro announced that it would remove seats to relieve congestion during rush hour at a press c ...
- [Contribution] Future of agriculture
- N. Korean envoy rejects report on Hamas using N. Korean arms as 'groundless'
- LG Energy Solution debuts new battery
- Korea to set workplace harassment criteria: minister
- Solbi talks about dealing with malicious online comments in documentary
- On verge of closing, rural school tries to lure students with financial benefits
Storing away for a more compact life
Weeekly invites listeners to enter universe where dreams come true
In early 2029, Earth will likely breach key warming threshold: scientists
Sombre palaces, tombs swathed in fall colors
Lotte renews online grocery sales race with new mega facility
北 오죽 돈 없으면…유럽서도 방 뺀다, 주스페인 대사관 폐쇄
- Seoul shares slide 2.3% after record gains over short selling ban
- Kyobo Life chairman wins top industry honor
- Farm online, harvest offline: Virtual farming games attract inflation
- From Itaewon to Hollywood, Park Seo
- Samsung CEO highlights AI safety research
- Pianist Sohn Min
- 대통령실, 범정부 기술유출 합동대응단 출범
- 홍준표 "뜬금없이 김포 편입론, 반짝 특수 노리는 떴다방"
- 인요한 "이준석에 통크게 제안…돌아와 총선 중책 맡아달라"
- Child hurt after angry dad pushes the swing too hard
- 尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
- 'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
- IMF maintains 2023 growth outlook for S. Korea at 1.4 pct
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- Posco Holdings recoups investment in Roy Hill after 13 years
- 낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
- [Today’s K
- For esports fans, more activities await beyond LoL matches
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace
- Cheongju Craft Biennale stresses connection with nature, Jikji legacy
- [Weekender] Waiting on the North: Unified Korean dictionary project's long journey
- LG Electronics ups Q3 earnings guidance on upbeat demand
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
- Hanwha showcases ground weapons systems at US trade fair
- YG's new girl group Babymonster to debut next month
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- Jungkook becomes first Korean soloist to log 2 songs in Top 5 of Billboard's Hot 100
- 예술의전당 간 한동훈 화제 되자…野 "집에 스피커 두고 왜 가나"
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes