Pianist Chung Kyu
简介TONGYEONG, South Gyeongsang Province -- A weeklong competition for young pianists ended in Tongyeong ...
TONGYEONG, South Gyeongsang Province -- A weeklong competition for young pianists ended in Tongyeong Saturday evening with five winners.
At Isangyun Competition 2023, Chung Kyu-bin was announced the first prize winner, beating four other finalists who each performed a piano concerto with the Tongyeong Festival Orchestra led by conductor Samuel Lee. Chung received 30 million won ($23,000) in prize money.
Chung was the second to perform and grace the stage with Brahms’ Piano Concerto No. 1 in D minor, Op. 15 for 49 minutes.
“I’m not sure if the piece is the best choice for a competition, but I thought I should choose what I like the most,” Chung, who said his favorite composers are Beethoven and Brahms, told The Korea Herald after the award ceremony on Saturday.
“I was really nervous and I’m happy that it’s over. I still have a long journey ahead as a musician. I will continue to learn and remain a musician who always loves music,” the 26-year-old said. Chung studies at University of Music and Performing Arts Munich after graduating from the Korean National University of Arts.
JAKARTA, Indonesia – The Korea Herald and Indonesia's Kompas Daily have pledged to strengthen m ...
지난달 29일 북한 석도 인근 해상에서 선박 간 환적 2건(원 안)이 포착됐다. 사진 플래닛 랩스, VOA 북한이 자국 영해 내 새로운 장소에서 선박 간 환적을 벌이는 정황이 포착 ...
Foreign Minister Park Jin will discuss North Korea’s nuclear threats and other key issues with US Se ...
[Herald Interview] Zion.T aims to rebrand with new LP ‘Zip’
Decoding Korea's 'virtuous' drinking culture
Director touts Netflix's ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ as warm tale for adults
‘北 정찰위성 3차 발사’ 질문에 美 국방부 “계속 모니터링”
Lucy returns with 'Boogie Man'
NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa
- Samsung Biologics expansion ahead of schedule
- S. Korea's Navy holds regular multinational mine warfare drills
- Coupang Play seeks turnaround with exclusive content
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- Cha Medical to hold global forum on next
- 北 방문 러 외무장관, 김정은과 만났다…"1시간 이상 대화"
- Hyundai Motor, Kia ranked in mid range of global eco
- Fifty Fifty's Keena says outsourcing rep stoked bad blood with Attrakt, Fifty Fifty
- Seoul shares end nearly 2% lower amid Middle East woes
- Lotte Cinema to screen NBA game
- Embracing setbacks: KAIST students vie for the inaugural 'worst failure' crown
- [긴급진단] 서울 인구 이미 부산의 3배…지역균형발전 포기할 텐가
- 인재영입위원장에 이철규 내정…김웅 "윤심만 영입하겠단 것"
- S. Korea's inflation grows faster, stays over 3 pct for third month in Oct.
- Exports log first rise in 13 months in sign of trade recovery for Korea
- English chatbot services to be available for public bike users
- US Fed keeps key lending rate unchanged for second consecutive time
- [Herald Interview] Merck seeks growth with Korean chipmakers
- Suspension of ex
- Seoul shares open higher on Fed's rate freeze
- 35 foreign individuals to be awarded for promoting Korean culture
- Arrest warrant sought for ex
- Viviz goes all out for 4th EP ‘Versus’
- Indonesia’s upcycling startup wins Korea
- 與 "고물가로 민생 어렵다면서 돈 풀자는 이재명…모순덩어리"
- Kia unveils ‘tiger
- Biden picks top Asia aide as nominee for deputy secretary of state
- Pak Kyongni Prize winner Christoph Ransmayr says literature sparks imagination, breaks biases
- TVXQ to hold 20th
- The branch of South Korean left blaming Israel for Hamas attacks