Man arrested for assaulting woman for having short hair
简介A man in his 20s has been arrested by police for assaulting a female convenience store clerk for hav ...
A man in his 20s has been arrested by police for assaulting a female convenience store clerk for having short hair, according to police officials in Jinju, South Gyeongsang Province.
According to police, the man allegedly told her that, “Since you have short hair, you must be a feminist. I’m a male chauvinist, and I think feminists deserve to be assaulted.”
He proceeded to punch and kick the clerk, who was also in her 20s, causing sprains and ligament injuries.
The man is also accused of using a chair to attack a customer in his 50s who tried to intervene, resulting in fractures to bones in the customer's shoulder, nose and forehead.
He was still carrying out the assault when police arrested him. Police said he was drunk at the time of arrest, and had been diagnosed and treated for schizophrenia in 2022.
“Due to the severity of the victims’ injuries, a complete investigation has not yet been carried out,” said the police. “We will investigate the specifics further once the victims recover.”
Police in said they had filed for a warrant Sunday to keep the attacker in custody. He is accused of property damage and causing special bodily injuries.
South Korea's economy grew 0.6 percent in the third quarter of the year, matching an earlier es ...
Hana Financial Group said Tuesday it has signed a preliminary agreement with Saudi Arabia's Exp ...
Compared to the ancient and medieval history and archaeology of China and Japan, those of Korea have ...
Drug demand rises over surge in ‘walking pneumonia,’ flu
KB chief hopes successor transforms group into 'Samsung of finance'
Reconstructed Dondeokjeon hall in Deoksu Palace to open to public
카메라 찍힌 김여정 960만원 '디올 백'…그 자체가 北인권 참상
Warmer winter temperatures expected this week
KFCC hosts UN conference for inclusive finance
- US renews concerns over N. Korea
- Prospects of Yoon's formal meeting with Xi uncertain: Yoon's office
- 초유의 행정전산망 '먹통'에…野 "한심하다는 말도 아깝다"
- [Herald Interview] ‘Battery expansion to prompt strong cobalt, lithium trading’
- YouTuber ‘iGoBart’ and his mission to explore all 467 neighborhoods of Seoul
- 60조 역대급 세수 펑크에도…여야, 국회 운영비 364억 증액 합의
- EcoPro, SK Ecoplant to build EV battery recycling plant in Hungary
- [Photo News] INDIAN CINEMA
- NCSoft to tear loose from Lineage: CEO
- S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
- S. Korea, US conduct underwater search operation for downed jet, Korean War remains
- PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- PM departs for China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
- [Today’s K
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- [Herald Interview] Jung Soo
- BTS' Jungkook to drop new single '3D'
- Seoul shares close lower amid woes over Fed's drawn
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- Sabre fencer, swimming relay team eye historic medals
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- PM to meet with Xi on sidelines of Asian Games in Hangzhou
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- [Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
- [Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
- Xi says he will consider S. Korea visit
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'