Yoon vows to move up completion of GTX commuter rail networks
简介President Yoon Suk Yeol vowed Monday to move up the completion of the Great Train Express commuter r ...
President Yoon Suk Yeol vowed Monday to move up the completion of the Great Train Express commuter rail networks as he visited a train station in Seoul's suburbs to check progress on a new service line.
The GTX networks are set to enter service next year, starting in March with the GTX-A line connecting Suseo Station in Seoul's Gangnam Ward with Dongtan Station in Hwaseong, 45 kilometers south of the capital.
The GTX-C line connecting Yangju, 29 km north of Seoul, to Suwon, just south of the capital, is set to begin construction at the end of the year, while the GTX-B line connecting Incheon, just west of Seoul, to Namyangju, just east of the capital, will begin construction early next year.
"GTX can be regarded as establishing an ultraconnection within this broad economic zone," Yoon said while meeting with citizens and rail officials inside a train at Dongtan Station.
"Not only will it make commuting and traveling more convenient, it will greatly change the economic landscape in terms of real estate and industry," he said.
Yoon pledged during the presidential campaign to reduce the commute between the capital area and Seoul to the 30-minute range.
Yoon said during the meeting the new rail networks will help increase jobs in northern Gyeonggi Province and parts of Gangwon Province. He also said the supply of new homes will increase near railway stations and help stabilize the price of homes.
"We will move up the completion date by speeding up like ultra high-speed express trains," he said.
Yoon added the government plans to subsidize GTX train tickets, which he said are expected to be expensive at around 4,000 won ($3), and offer discounts of 20 percent for commuters, 30 percent for students traveling to and from school, and up to 53 percent for low-income groups. (Yonhap)
South Korean drugmakers are in a rush to mass-produce antipyretics and antibiotics to keep pace with ...
EcoPro said Sunday it has joined hands with SK Ecoplant and its electronics waste recycling subsidia ...
BUSAN -- Naver Z, the metaverse subsidiary of South Korean internet giant Naver, is planning a versi ...
- Another search targets opposition leader in corruption probe
- 인요한 “한동훈, 신선하고 합리적…총선 역할 결정된다면 좋은 일”
- Baekyangsa's Buddhist cuisine templestay teaches what it means to eat beyond taste
- Seoul to push through bill to ban dog meat consumption
- Scalpers take bigger cut of Korean music industry
- Trump vows to kill Asia trade deal being pursued by Biden if elected
[Herald Review] Musical 'Yujin and Yujin' captivates Taiwanese audience
Alternative nicotine products lead to reduction in smoking rates: report
Unique indoor dating spots to warm your winter days
Yoon says China would not benefit from trilateral cooperation with Russia, N. Korea
Blackpink survives 7
[Korea Beyond Korea] In Sao Paulo, horizons expand for Korean studies
- Farm online, harvest offline: Virtual farming games attract inflation
- Pianist Sohn Min
- LX Holdings CEO promoted to president
- Lawmaker calls for specifying China's responsibility in UN resolution on NK human rights
- Marking 105th anniversary of independence, Poland highlights growing ties with Gyeonggi Province
- [Our Museums] Explore plaintive and joyful melodies of Korea at Arirang Museum
- [Hello Hangeul] Americans seeking to visit Korea learn the language in LA
- Kyobo Life chairman wins top industry honor
- Samsung CEO highlights AI safety research
- Hyundai E&C completes design of new hydrogen plant
- SK Signet delivers W5b ultrafast EV chargers to Revel
- Seoul shares open flat despite US gains
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- 국회서 피켓‧고성 사라지나…여야, 정쟁자제 '신사협정' 체결
- Saudi crown prince gives Yoon a ride to investment forum
- 美연구소 "北, 러에 보낸 포탄은 50만 발…한 달 사용 분량"
- 윤재옥 "이재명 '내각 총사퇴' 주장, 정쟁을 위한 도전장"
- Yoon attends opening of Korean pavilion at Horticultural Expo in Qatar
- [From the Scene] Don't remember Itaewon alley as place of death, victims' families say
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- Seoul shares snap 3
- Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
- Hyundai Motor partners with IUCN for forest project in Vietnam
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- 정청래, 가결파 징계에 "신상필벌은 당연…잠시 미뤄둔 것"
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K
- Celltrion chief calls merger crucial to beat bigger rivals
- Seoul shares dip amid grim outlook for EV sector
- Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale