S. Korean family returns home after fleeing Gaza via Egypt
简介A South Korean family who fled the besieged Gaza Strip via an Egyptian border returned home Monday.T ...
A South Korean family who fled the besieged Gaza Strip via an Egyptian border returned home Monday.
The Emirates plane with the family on board landed at Incheon International Airport, the main gateway to the country, west of Seoul, at around 5:05 p.m.
The plane made a stopover at Dubai before flying to Seoul.
The family of five departed from Cairo late Sunday (local time), where they had taken shelter after evacuating from the war-torn region by crossing the Rafah border last Thursday.
The family -- a South Korean woman identified only by her surname Choi, her naturalized husband of Palestinian descent and their three children -- had been living in Gaza for more than seven years before the armed conflict between Israel and the Hamas militant group began.
The family declined to be interviewed at the airport. (Yonhap)
South Korean carmaker Hyundai and its sibling firm Kia have topped the list of exporters in Korea, p ...
The Financial Supervisory Service, South Korea's primary financial regulatory body, has issued ...
김정은 북한 국무위원장이 13일 러시아 보스토치니 우주기지에서 블라디미르 푸틴 대통령과 정상회담, 연회 등 일정을 진행한 뒤 다음 방문지를 향해 떠났다고 노동당 기관지 노동신문이 ...
- Seoul shares open higher on stock short selling ban
- NewJeans, Heartsteel to open 2023 LoL World Championship Finals
- [Bills in Focus] Broader offshore financial support, mobility regulatory sandbox
- Man arrested for assaulting woman for having short hair
- Korea suspends stock short selling until start of July 2024
- SK Bioscience ramps up global cooperation to improve public health
- Coupang opens 2nd fullfillment center in Taiwan
- Govt. push to exempt doctors from medical error responsibility stirs debate
- BAT design chief stresses responsible design
- Le Sserafim lands on UK, US charts with 'Perfect Night'
- Jeonse scams cause W510b in losses, with less than 25% recovered: lawmaker
- Ruling party chief clings on after election loss
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
- Beef prices have soared 100
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- Import prices up for 3rd month in September on higher oil prices
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- S.Korea's largest