Everland grounds panda Fubao for trying to escape
简介Everland's popular panda, Fubao, has been banned from going out after trying to escape.It was r ...
Everland's popular panda, Fubao, has been banned from going out after trying to escape.
It was reported that giant panda Fubao has recently attempted to escape twice from her outdoor enclosure at Everland, South Korea’s largest theme park, located in Yongin, Gyeonggi Province. Following the attempts, the panda was confined inside for the time being.
The latest case occurred on Monday. Fubao went outside and climbed over a transparent fence, according to the theme park. Then she knocked over barbed wire enclosing in the yard and began to dig up bamboo on the other side of the fence.
Staff reportedly tried to lure Fubao back inside with carrots, but the panda's attempt to bust out of the enclosure continued for half an hour. It ended when Kang Cheol-won, a veteran zookeeper known as "Fubao’s Grandpa," led the panda back inside the fenced-in area.
Fubao previously tried to climb over the fence on Nov. 8. After several attempts, she succeeded in knocking it over. According to local media reports, Everland visitors who witnessed the first escape attempt exclaimed, “(She’s) a panda who enjoys trying to get out of here!”
Following these two escape attempts, Everland decided to ground Fubao from Tuesday, the day after her latest attempt, so as to repair the damaged fence and bamboo. During the repairs, visitors will be able to see Fubao indoors since the ban is limited to the outdoor yard only.
“As soon as the repairs have been completed, we’re going to put Fubao back out there. It won’t take long to freshen things up,” an Everland official said.
Fubao is a female panda born July 20, 2020 at Everland. Her name means "treasure that brings happiness" in Mandarin. She recently got two siblings named Huibao and Luibao, meaning "shining treasure" and "wise treasure," respectively.
Korea and Japan held working-level diplomatic consultations Tuesday to discuss pending bilateral iss ...
Ever since its inception in 2006, South Korea’s state-funded Northeast Asian History Foundation has ...
South Korea's official data on parental spending for their children's education has long f ...
5 cities in Japan splashed with Seventeen
Over half of Koreans want continuous strengthening of alliance with US: poll
러 무기 만져보고 타보고...김정은 '북·러 합작' 도발 메뉴 내놓나
Will Kep1er disband? Project group eyes extension with 'Magic Hour'
Exhibition opens to deepen ‘Olympic experience’
Kakao completes its first own data center
- N. Korea diversifying cybercrimes amid drop in value of cryptocurrency: report
- Woori Bank establishes Bangladesh regional headquarters
- South Korea lining up banks to help finance $22 billion arms sale to Poland
- Hana Bank to offer W100b in support for small business owners
- Catch fleeting fall foliage with exciting outdoor activities
- [Weekender] Pop
- Blinken redoubles calls for humanitarian pause in Israel
- N. Korea vows military action after US missile test
- More mosquitoes in Seoul this fall: report
- Foreign exchange reserves fall for third consecutive month
- [Hello Indonesia] Cultural tapestry woven at 'Korea
- A decade of YouTube and Korea in the World of Dave
- Spicing up the world: Samyang’s Buldak series makes global waves
- [Global Finance Awards] Going global essential in era of digital finance
- 북·러 또 무기거래? "나진항에 석달새 대형선박 18척 드나들어”
- Merger of Korean OTT platforms Tving and Wavve imminent: sources
- Former divas return as Golden Girls
- NewJeans, Seventeen, BTS win top honors at 2023 MAMA Awards
- [New in Korean] 'BU Care Insurance' protects hearts after breakups
- As streaming services raise fees, some turn to illegal streaming sites
- Remaining BTS members to begin military service next month
- Consumption slows down amid high rates, inflation
- CHA to expand assistance for buried cultural heritage excavation
- Former head of Jogye Order dies in temple fire
- Govt. posthumously confers state medal on late Ven. Jaseung
- Photo of Fu Bao's baby twin sisters’ birth selected for Time's Top 100 Photos of 2023
- 'Sweet Home 2' returns with new characters, sophisticated monsters
- Insurance firms' net income jumps over 47% on
- Leeum Museum to restore Korean artifacts from overseas institutions
- National Orchestra of Korea's 'Winter Concert' to bring harmony of tradition, musicals